Boulevard Motors

Dixie State University's Student News Source

March 30th, 2016,

Pinterest Project: Craft photo pinwheel with little time, cost

Pinterest constantly gives me the worst case of cognitive dissonance.

While most of the links I pin are about living healthy, I am occasionally naughty and pin a link that’s about the best movies on Netflix or the newest Paula Dean bread pudding recipe with extra chocolate, extra butter and extra sugar.

I chose the photo pinwheel project because not only did it stop me from cheating on my diet, but I also enjoy decorating my apartment on a budget. Plus, I already had most of the needed materials lying around my place. 

While the link didn’t include instructions (be careful of the dead-end pins), the photos were instruction enough.

Overall, this project was satisfying. It turned out to be functional and modern. Looking back, I wish I wouldn’t have painted the cardboard, or painted it a lighter color. If you do decide to paint it, I recommend waiting until it dries completely until you start gluing the clothespins on. I got a little eager, and I ended up waiting twice as long for everything to dry completely. 

Materials:

-One large-ish piece of cardboard (mine was about the size of my end table, but you can go as small as a shoebox if you'd like)

-Clothespins (about 30, depending on the size of the cardboard)

-Scissors

-Glue (wood glue or fabric glue works best)

-Paint (optional)

Steps:

1) Cut a circle out of the cardboard. (Mine was about 20 inches in diameter.) Cut out another circle so there is a hole in the middle.

2) optional: Paint the cardboard and let it dry. 

3) Once the paint is dry, glue clothespins around the outer edge of the circle, leaving only a small space between them. 

4) Pinch your photos in the clothespins, hang and enjoy. 

Emily Havens -

Editor-in-Chief Emily Havens is a senior communication major from St. George who's originally a transfer student from the University of Utah. In addition to Dixie Sun News, Emily also has experience writing for St. George Health and Wellness Magazine. When she's not typing her life away, she's probably watching the Food Network. Follow her on Twitter: @EmilyJHavens

Comments

Boulevard Motorsd
Tweets by @DixieSunNews